Thursday, May 5, 2011

Philip Hodgetts speaking at the Boston FCP User Group meeting on 5/25/11

I'm glad to hear that Philip Hodgetts will be speaking at the Boston FCP User Group meeting on May 25th at Rule Boston Camera.  If you aren't familiar with Philip Hodgetts, this will be a great way to get to know him.  I had the pleasure of taking a class taught by Philip at NAB's Post Production World Conference in April.  It was a class about growing your post production business, and I found Philip to be a very motivating speaker.  Actually, he was the motivation behind me starting this blog.
Philip writes a very interesting blog and also hosts an informative and entertaining podcast called the Terence and Philip Show with Terry Curren.  He knows his stuff about Final Cut, but also brings a wide breadth of knowledge about the video production industry as a whole.  Hopefully Apple has released more details about FCPX by May 25th, so we have some discussion topics.

Looks like there will also be another guest speaker at this BOSFCPUG event, as well as a raffle with prizes from "GenArts, Noise Industries, Blackmagic Design, Digieffects, ArtBeats, Boris Fx and more."  I might sound like a big BOSFCPUG cheerleader, but I'm not affiliated with the group other than being a big fan.  I'll make sure to post a recap of the event here on my blog.

Click here to purchase tickets (only $6) for this event:
http://fcpxmay25.eventbrite.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment